Small Town vs. Big City Life

March 9, 2010

It's a small world. I traveled for a few weeks and where I go I meet people from Texas. Earth, Shamrock, Farwell, Littlefield. You are in the world. When people ask me where I am, there are two answers. The first answer is curiosity. That is the reaction from people who had never been west of Texas. They're asking for my transition from city life for the big city life.

One woman described her daily walk of 55 milesAlbuquerque to Santa Fe. For two years he drove another 20 miles to complete graduate school. Moreover, with a man and two young children require his attention. I remember that day. I converted to work, class and an internship while I was in graduate school in Philadelphia. Thousands of people in the area from one place to another run. The journey seemed endless, and the traffic was terrible.

When I am in upstate New York to work on my thesis, Iaware of how much stress I had to leave. The simple life is very interesting. After I finished my studies I was a little "and enjoy the peace and tranquility. Ie return visit to the city traffic and crazy unpredictable daily use. When I lived there I did not notice any of these things.

The second reaction I get when people ask me where I live is full of understanding. These people usually tell me they are somewhere in the vicinity.Often, they moved elsewhere and returned to their towns in West Texas. Judging from a small town has described his commute. Ten minutes later, ending the band, tie, can be heard on the bench for his first case. He and his wife had three children remain in the city and are happy there.

I think the bad taste and the excitement of urban life is fiction. In film and television, people are living a life of imagination and are always in the middle of an adventure. Everydaygrind is never represented in a fair manner. We see large apartments, work, and fascinating people. In reality, it is not happening in the city, good and bad. There are more people, good and bad. The frequency of good and bad times, is about the same. It is exciting? Yes, there is constant activity. The rest is fantasy of Hollywood. The police did not not look like Will Smith, and the waiters look like Jennifer Aniston too. It would be nice if!

One of the advantagesWayland, a student is in a position to classes on campus in the open. There are places in big cities such as Phoenix, San Antonio, and Albuquerque, where students can experience a change in the atmosphere and to see different lifestyles. The biggest difference is that these institutions comply with adult learners. People with jobs, families and other commitments classes at night and on weekends. What we call "non-traditional" students are actually people who have an interesting life,Perhaps some of them are glamorous, but the priorities are the same. Getting an education and a better life.

Now that I think there are fellow town people who do not understand the appeal to do to people like me. They think it is too predictable and boring. Are realistic about the lack of opportunities are in a closed community, but their ideas on the busy city life in general on the television or cinema. Her eyes were glassyand wonder why someone would choose this about that. I would like to choose the life of the TV, although I had a choice. Apartments Giant Mountains, evening gowns, and exotic holidays are very attractive, so we see them all the time! But people are people and people I would choose the little city at any time. In fact, I already have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright 2013 © World Expo 2010 Shanghai